Welcome To The Here There Be Mice...© Award Program
Would you like to win an award? Do you have what we look for in a great web site? If so, read all the criteria below and then apply. Good Luck
Here There Be Mice...© Award Program: Purpose And Ethics
- We, the evaluators for the Here There Be Mice...© award program, do hereby declare that we are dedicated to upholding the ethics and standards stated in this declaration in order to ensure fairness to all applicants and to maintain the honor and integrity of this award program, it’s evaluators, and the awards applicant.
- Here There Be Mice...© intends to maintain a high standard. We clearly post this criteria.
- The Here There Be Mice…© awards are presented to outstanding web sites in recognition for the hard work that went into their development and creation.
- Our intention at Here There Be Mice...© is to award those web sites that help make the Internet an interesting, entertaining and fascinating place to be. Here There Be Mice…© does not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, nation of origin, religion, profession, mental or physical handicap, or any other reason which is globally viewed as a trait or manner of conduct.
- Here There Be Mice…© will evaluate nominated web sites under the criteria which was in place at the time of any given application. If changes are made to the criteria after an application is received, a nominated web site will be evaluated using the criteria which was in effect when the applicant submitted the nomination.
- Here There Be Mice…© will not accept favors of any sort in exchange for preferential treatment of submissions. We will take all measures necessary to maintain the honor and integrity of our award program.
Here There Be Mice...© Award Program: Criteria
- If the URL or E-mail address for the nominated web site submitted, is incorrect the web site will not be reviewed. Here There Be Mice…© will not notify the applicant of this error.
- You must be 18 years or older to apply for a Here There Be Mice…© award. Please continue reading for more information on age requirements.
- The nominated web site must be family-friendly. Any web site that contains unsuitable material that is unfit for viewing by children will not be considered. This unsuitable material may consist of any content that promotes or contains hatred or racism of any kind. Adult sites, violence and drugs as well as gambling are also not allowed. Links contained on the nominated web site that lead to this type of material will also prevent the nominated web site from being considered.
- The nominated web site must be in English or provide translation options, sorry. For applicants whose first language is not English, we will keep that in mind while we review the nominated web site.
- Both personal and commercial web sites are welcome. The nominated web site needs to contain quality content that is interesting to the reader and created by the webmaster. We are looking for original content. The nominated web site should contain at least some actual content and not be just a collection of links, banners, or a chat room.
- The nominated web site should be organized and easy to navigate, a consistent and readily visible navigation system should be in place so users can easily move around the web site.
- No under construction signs, be they words or graphics. It is understood that most webmasters work on their web sites and update them regularly. Please wait to apply until the construction is finished.
- Spelling and proper use of grammar is very important. Excessive bad grammar and spelling, unless relevant to the original source or theme, may be cause for disqualification.
- HTML is a learned process. If you are not well versed with HTML, consider using a program that will do the technical work for you. Continuous errors that interfere with the navigation or use of the nominated web site will be grounds for disqualification.
- Excessive Pop-Up or Pop-Under ads will result in disqualification.
- Load time. If the nominated web site takes a longer than 60 seconds to load we will not continue. Web sites that use Flash or other media with long loading times should provide visitors with a way to bypass the media. Nominated web sites that employ music or midi files should provide the visitor a way to turn them off.
- The nominated web site should be multi-browser compatible. There should be no horizontal scrolling at 800x600 resolution.
Here There Be Mice...© Award Program: Rules
- All applicants must read all the criteria and rules of the Here There Be Mice…© award program. Your application for any Here There Be Mice…© award is an acknowledgment that you read all the rules and criteria for this award program and agree to abide by them.
- Here There Be Mice…© cannot reply to applicants requesting information on why a nominated web site did not receive an award from this program. Here There Be Mice...© can only notify the award winners. Please allow us two weeks to review the nominated web site. If Here There Be Mice…© has not contacted an applicant, it can be assumed that the nominated web site did not win or that Here There Be Mice…© did not receive the applicants nomination submission. If the nominated web site does not win, the applicant may resubmit the web site after 90 days if changes have been made.
- If a nominated web site should win a Here There Be Mice…© award, winners are required to display the award on the winning web site. Please make sure to upload the Award graphic to your server and do not just hotlink the graphic back to the Here There Be Mice…© web site server. All award winners will be placed on the Here There Be Mice…© winners list as long as the link is valid and no significant changes are made to the winning web site that would violate this criteria and disqualify the web site from winning this award. A link back to Here There Be Mice…© is not required, but is appreciated. If you wish to link the award graphic back to the Here There Be Mice…© web site, please use this link: http://www.heretherebemice.com
- Please do not alter the Here There Be Mice…© award graphic in any way. Do not resize the award graphic. Doing so my cause Here There Be Mice...© to request the award be removed from your site. All awards are nontransferable and only apply to the web site and location they were awarded to. If a web site and it’s content are drastically altered, it may become necessary at that point to revoke the award and re-nominate the web site.
Here There Be Mice...© Award Program: Privacy Statement & C.O.P.P.A.
Privacy Statement: The Here There Be Mice...© Awards Program and web site will not for any reason divulge any information about any applicant or nomination to any other person, or group, or agencies not directly connected to the Here There Be Mice…© awards program. All information received from applicants and nominations, be it via e-mail or application form submissions to this awards program will be held strictly private and confidential.
C.O.P.P.A. Statement: To insure compliance with The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (C.O.P.P.A.), effective April 21, 2000, which applies to the online collection of personal information from children under 13 and compliance with the requirements of the Here There Be Mice...© Awards Program, you must be age 18 or older to submit an application to the Here There Be Mice...© Awards Program.
Here There Be Mice...© Award Program: In Conclusion
Here There Be Mice…© will not intentionally grant awards to, or in any other manner endorse or promote, any web site that endorses, promotes, or contains content which is considered globally to be illegal or discriminatory. Here There Be Mice…© will also not be held responsible for the views, stated or otherwise, by the winners of our awards or their sites, or the links that lead from those sites.
If you have any questions regarding The Here There Be Mice…© award program criteria, the privacy statement or any other aspect of the Here There Be Mice…© web site policy, please take a moment to view the Here There Be Mice…© Legal Matters web page by clicking here.
If after reading all the Here There Be Mice…© award program criteria you believe you qualify and still wish to nominate a web site for one of the Here There Be Mice...© Awards then please return to the Here There Be Mice…© awards program web page. There you will see samples of the awards that are available and the basic purpose of each award. You will also find the link to apply for the Here There Be Mice...© awards. Thank you for time in these matters.
Submitted on this day, August 07, 2007